We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
- we are performing a contract with you for our services; and
- we have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), we, Helifish/C.A. Sole, are the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact us via our contact details at the end of this policy.
1. Personal Data we collect via our website Helifish.co.uk (the“Website”)
Personal Data that you provide to us
We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website in the following ways:
Types of Personal Data Collected
|When you sign-up to:
Receive free content, including: eBooks, other offers and newsletters
|When you purchase a book directly from us||
|When you complete the media enquiries form||
Data that we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you visit our Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We do not link this information with any Personal Data.
2. Use of your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
- process and manage your use of our website;
- respond to your questions, comments and requests;
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing from us, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
- improve our services and Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
We share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and our services are aimed at adults, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email or our postal address, given below:
- see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
- ask us to change/correct your Personal Data;
- ask us to delete your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data; and
- express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of purpose
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
9. Contact Us
Our full details are: Helifish or C.A. Sole
Email for Privacy Questions: email@example.com
Postal Address: Unit 12966, PO Box 7169, Poole, Dorset, BH15 9EL, United Kingdom
This Policy describes what information the cookies gather, how it is used and why cookies need to be stored. The Disabling Cookies section, below, describes how you can prevent cookies from being retained by this website.
The Cookies We Set
You may opt-in to newsletter and email subscription services via invitations on this website. Cookies may be used to record a previous registration (so that the invitation is not repeated) and whether to show notifications which might not be valid to certain users.
When you submit any data to this website, cookies may be installed to log your data for future correspondence.
Google Analytics may be the one of the most trusted analytics solutions on the web. It helps us analyse a visitor’s use of the site and ways that its operation can be enhanced. Information gathered includes time spent on the site and on individual pages.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see Google Analytics
Social Media buttons and/or plugins that allow you to connect with your social network are used on this website. Facebook and Twitter will set cookies through our site as they will on any other site. They hold the data they collect for various purposes which are detailed in their respective privacy policies.
You can disable cookies in the settings in your browser (see individual browser help for how).
Please be aware that if you disable cookies, the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit may be compromised. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
If you require further information, please contact us through one of the methods given above.